Now, how the blazes did this go and happen?
Apparently, I have been generously gifted an award on here. ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’. This is my first award here, and completely unexpected I must add. I was aware of the existence of these blogging awards, but the last thing I expected was for someone to throw one at me. I don’t pretend that anything I write here is worthy of praise or any of that, and to be honest, I am supremely grateful any and every time someone takes the time to read, like, comment on or otherwise interact with my blog. So I would like to thank all of you fantastic people who read this thing and make me feel far more special than I am. You are all terrific folk. I am very grateful to all of you. Sometimes people are just magnificent.
Which brings me to The mmmmm family blog. The kind, generous blogger that nominated my humble blog for this award. Thank you mmmmm family! Do yourselves a favor and head on over to that blog, because it is absolutely smashing. One of the sweetest blogs out there. I’m not just saying that out of gratitude, I have been reading every single post intently with a broad smile on my face since I found the blog. But now, out of gratitude… Thank you so very much, you kind, generous, sweet mmmmm family!
Okay, now I believe I am supposed to lay out the award rules. Here we go…
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. (When I work out how to, you can bet your ass I will!)
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
And now, for 7 ‘interesting’ things about me. (Not necessarily interesting, but most readers won’t know these things yet, so I suppose that qualifies them.)
1. I am currently studying towards my third University Degree. I firstly obtained a Bachelor of Science, double majors in Zoology and Conservation Ecology. A few years later I returned to a different University to get my Diploma of Secondary Education. I taught for a while and now, this year, at a third different institution, I have begun study towards an Associate Degree in Professional Writing and Editing. This better be the last one!
2. I have worked in almost every profession under the Sun. From working in cinemas, to retail, to basketball statistician, to swimming and life-safety instruction, to factory work, to Environment, to Education, to Personal Assistant, to Immigration Law, to Soccer Referee. I feel like I have been around forever and sampled just about the lot, but I’m still in my 20’s.
3. My favourite band? Dave Matthews Band. I could listen to them forever and ever. It just hits me in the right spot. I cannot explain it. Easily my favourite ever, and always will be.
4. I was voted ‘Nicest Guy’ at my High School Graduation. I wasn’t sure how to take that. I liked it, but it felt a little boring. Sums me up though. I think I’m a bit boring, but I tend to get along with almost everybody, and like being everybody’s mate.
5. I used to play the trumpet. I still have it, but I haven’t played in years. I miss it. I keep saying I should get back into it. I haven’t yet. I played when I was younger, during and just out of High School. I was in a couple little jazz outfits and played with a couple rock/ska and cover bands too. It was fun. Fantastic memories. I have a CD somewhere…
6. I’m single… ladies…
7. ‘6’ was a joke. I mean, I am single, but I’m not advertising. I just had a mental block on ‘me’ facts.
8. (You deserve a bonus. I went haywire on those last two.) My favourite movies are ‘Ronin’ and ‘Leon: The Professional’. I am a serious Jean Reno fan. And it’s his birthday today (30th)! What great timing. He is 65 today I believe. Happy Birthday Jean Reno!
And now on to the best part! I get to nominate 15 fantastic people for The Versatile Blogger Award. Here we go!
1. Barefoot Beginnings
2. Suzie81’s Blog
3. Love Mekanism
5. Escaping Elegance
7. Je Suis Un Lapin
8. Busy Mind Thinking
9. Life And Photos By Andy
11. Lords of the Drinks
13. Life Accordinglee
15. Along Life’s Road
Thank you all again for reading and making me feel all warm and fuzzy.