Now, how the blazes did this go and happen?
Apparently, I have been generously gifted an award on here. ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’. This is my first award here, and completely unexpected I must add. I was aware of the existence of these blogging awards, but the last thing I expected was for someone to throw one at me. I don’t pretend that anything I write here is worthy of praise or any of that, and to be honest, I am supremely grateful any and every time someone takes the time to read, like, comment on or otherwise interact with my blog. So I would like to thank all of you fantastic people who read this thing and make me feel far more special than I am. You are all terrific folk. I am very grateful to all of you. Sometimes people are just magnificent.
Which brings me to The mmmmm family blog. The kind, generous blogger that nominated my humble blog for this award. Thank you mmmmm family! Do yourselves a favor and head on over to that blog, because it is absolutely smashing. One of the sweetest blogs out there. I’m not just saying that out of gratitude, I have been reading every single post intently with a broad smile on my face since I found the blog. But now, out of gratitude… Thank you so very much, you kind, generous, sweet mmmmm family!
Okay, now I believe I am supposed to lay out the award rules. Here we go…
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. (When I work out how to, you can bet your ass I will!)
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
And now, for 7 ‘interesting’ things about me. (Not necessarily interesting, but most readers won’t know these things yet, so I suppose that qualifies them.)
1. I am currently studying towards my third University Degree. I firstly obtained a Bachelor of Science, double majors in Zoology and Conservation Ecology. A few years later I returned to a different University to get my Diploma of Secondary Education. I taught for a while and now, this year, at a third different institution, I have begun study towards an Associate Degree in Professional Writing and Editing. This better be the last one!
2. I have worked in almost every profession under the Sun. From working in cinemas, to retail, to basketball statistician, to swimming and life-safety instruction, to factory work, to Environment, to Education, to Personal Assistant, to Immigration Law, to Soccer Referee. I feel like I have been around forever and sampled just about the lot, but I’m still in my 20’s.
3. My favourite band? Dave Matthews Band. I could listen to them forever and ever. It just hits me in the right spot. I cannot explain it. Easily my favourite ever, and always will be.
4. I was voted ‘Nicest Guy’ at my High School Graduation. I wasn’t sure how to take that. I liked it, but it felt a little boring. Sums me up though. I think I’m a bit boring, but I tend to get along with almost everybody, and like being everybody’s mate.
5. I used to play the trumpet. I still have it, but I haven’t played in years. I miss it. I keep saying I should get back into it. I haven’t yet. I played when I was younger, during and just out of High School. I was in a couple little jazz outfits and played with a couple rock/ska and cover bands too. It was fun. Fantastic memories. I have a CD somewhere…
6. I’m single… ladies…
7. ‘6’ was a joke. I mean, I am single, but I’m not advertising. I just had a mental block on ‘me’ facts.
8. (You deserve a bonus. I went haywire on those last two.) My favourite movies are ‘Ronin’ and ‘Leon: The Professional’. I am a serious Jean Reno fan. And it’s his birthday today (30th)! What great timing. He is 65 today I believe. Happy Birthday Jean Reno!
And now on to the best part! I get to nominate 15 fantastic people for The Versatile Blogger Award. Here we go!
Thank you all again for reading and making me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Thanks very much for the nomination, and CONGRATS!!! Can’t believe you’ve not had one before – your blog is fab!
You’re very welcome. Your blog was always an easy choice. It’s sensational! And thank you! That’s very kind.
Thanks for the nomination. How lovely of you to think of me…
You’re most welcome! Your blog is another magnificent read. 🙂
Thank you.I’m humbly elated! 😀 Your blog is lovely, and I also appreciate the bonus there at the end. I find that I smile a lot here. Now, I’ll be smiling everywhere thanks to this kind gesture
Thanks again, Meka. That really means a lot to me. I feel any post that makes just one person smile is worth posting. I’m very glad to hear you get a few smiles here, that makes me happy. 🙂 And your blog is most deserving of the mention. You are a fantastic writer!
Congratulations! Really pleased for you. Thoroughly deserved!
Well that’s awfully nice (again!). Thank you, Ali. 🙂
Congrats on your award, and how nice of you to think of my blog for a nomination. I am truly honoured. I must be honest I’ve never heard of a blogging award before, but either way you have made my day 🙂
Thank you, and you’re welcome! Glad to year it brightened your day. Your blog is beyond deserving. 😀
Thanks a lot for the nomination mate! Keep up the good work on your blog. You’re by far not as boring as you claimed in those facts! 😉
Well thanks very much! I appreciate that. An no probs. Your blog is sensational, it would’ve been a crime to not nominate it!
😀 😀 😀
Thanks bro… I cheers to you!
Congratulations kind soul, smiles. I am both humbled and honored by your acknowledgement. I hope a sincere thank you conveys what this has meant to my day.
You are most welcome! And thank you also for the congratulations and the very kind comment.
The pleasure was mine. Smiles
Congratulations on your award! Also, a huge thank you for the nomination! I’d never imagined I could be nominated for, or awarded anything so thank you very much, as a few other people have said, it has made my day!
ps. Nice is never boring!
Thank you! And you’re welcome. Conversely, I could never imagine you not being rewarded for your blog!
Aw, thank you again. I appreciate that thought.
Pingback: Versatile Blogger Award | fibijeeves
Pingback: LOTD gets a Versatile Blogger Award | Lords of the Drinks
Congrats on your nomination! you totally deserve it! And thank you very much for thinking of me! I’m very honored and proud!
Thank you muchly, that’s very kind!
My pleasure. I cannot get over how sharp and professional all your work is. Your photos slay me. There is something very special there.
Pingback: Aus-oooome Lovin’ …and on to the Next | Love Mekanism
Pingback: Thank You too Much: Very Inspiring Blogger Award | Love Mekanism
Pingback: Awwww… you guys! | Escaping Elegance
If some one needs expert view concerning blogging and site-building after that i propose
him/her to go to see this web site, Keep up the good job.